Is Doc-to-Help suitable as a tool for SMEs?

กระทู้นี้ประกอบด้วย 0 ข้อความตอบกลับ มี 1 เสียง และอัปเดตครั้งสุดท้ายโดย Profile photo of faelanstevie faelanstevie 3 สัปดาห์, 3 วัน มาแล้ว

กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)
  • ผู้เขียน
    ข้อความ
    Profile photo of faelanstevie
    faelanstevie
    Participant

Hello,

I work at a company that has a VERY large base of subject matter experts (SMEs) who author in Word, with just 2 tech writers who edit their work. Given this, we currently product 99% of our output in PDF (and sometimes it stays in Word format if it needs to be editable).Senior Management has expressed a desire to move to “responsive,” context-sensitive help PLUS print (for “old timers” in our customer base who are accustomed to printable output). However, they’ve also expressed a desire to see our SMEs retain the ability to edit the help files directly themselves.

Given both of the above desires, I am evaluating Doc-to-Help as an authoring tool. However, I am VERY concerned about giving SMEs the direct ability to modify the files, as they could end up breaking the help system, right?!Has anyone ever seen this done – use of Doc-to-Help by the SMEs (in addition to the tech writers)?
    Are there “safeguards” (e.g., permissions, locks, what have you etc.) that could be set up/configured to ensure the SMEs don’t break things while they *substantively* edit content?

Please help

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.

References:
    https://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=27922
    Digital advertising company

Thanks

• กระทู้นี้ถูกดัดแปลง 3 สัปดาห์, 3 วัน มาแล้ว โดย Profile photo of faelanstevie faelanstevie
กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)

กรุณา Login เพื่อ ตอบกระทู้

Connect with Facebook

Or fill the form below