started a eCommerce business near the end of 2017… should I file a schedule C?

กระทู้นี้ประกอบด้วย 0 ข้อความตอบกลับ มี 1 เสียง และอัปเดตครั้งสุดท้ายโดย Profile photo of depprussell depprussell 2 สัปดาห์, 3 วัน มาแล้ว

กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)
  • ผู้เขียน
    ข้อความ
    Profile photo of depprussell
    depprussell
    Participant

Hello,

my wife and I (mostly my wife) started a ecommerce business and spent several thousand towards getting this going so we would have a net loss of that amount.Does this sound like a worthwhile situation to try to claim these losses on our taxes as a net operating loss along against our 170K household income? Also not sure if this is relevant but we are filing separately and live in California. Also our net loss would be under $5K so I believe that means we can do the C-EZ form that I’m assuming is more simple.I’m somewhat hesitant as I never did a schedule C before and I read it jumps up your chances of an audit. As far as the viability of this being considered a business and not a hobby, my wife was unemployed when she started this business but started working per diem in early 2018, we have our own website, web domain, sole proprietorship, and business license.

Please help

I didn’t find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=245794

3D Product Video Animation Service

Thanks

• กระทู้นี้ถูกดัดแปลง 2 สัปดาห์, 3 วัน มาแล้ว โดย Profile photo of depprussell depprussell
กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)

กรุณา Login เพื่อ ตอบกระทู้

Connect with Facebook

Or fill the form below